Taking Care of your Radio Controlled Cars
It is one thing to know how to drive a radio controlled car, it is another to maintain it so that it will be in good condition at all times. Here are a few tips for those who want to know more about taking care of your radio controlled car and its parts.
1. Most radio-controlled cars have bushes made either of plastic or bronze. These are designed to take on the negative effects of friction when driving on the racetrack. It is advisable to replace these with ball bearings instead since these have proven to be more durable that the latter.
People who do this don't have to change them very often and will notice that the rc car is able to maintain its speed on or off the track.
2. In most car races, the two most important things in the machine are the engine and the tires. Those who compete should not rely on hard tires but get those made of rubber. This will allow the person to make those sharp turns while still maintaining control on the road.
The radio controlled car should be examined from time to time so that the individual will know when to replace the old tires with new ones.
3. Racers need good engines when competing. A majority of rc cars come with mechanical speed controls that are either rotary or wiper typed. If the racer wants to get the best performance from the machine, it would be a good idea to change these to electronic speed controls. These are maintenance free and are much smaller making the vehicle lighter and smoother to drive.
4. Radio controlled cars also need something to absorb the impact of the track called fluid damped shocks. Since these bog down due to wear and tear, the user should replace these after a few runs so that there won’t be any damage to the vehicle.
5. Radio controlled cars and boats run on batteries. It is advisable to get those that are rechargeable so that the owner does not have to buy new ones when these are no longer as effective as they used to be.
Preventative maintenance is the best way to make sure your radio controlled car is in good condition at all times. The owner can do this alone or with the help of a technician so that parts are functioning properly on and off the track.
This advise also applies to other rc’s such as radio controlled boats and airoplanes ect.
By The Radio Controlled Boats Guy.
RC ADVENTURES – Cheap Tire Chains – Tutorial – How To DIY – Snow, Ice, Mud, Bogging
Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter – Red
Syma S107G is equipped with a 4-in-1 infra-red receiver (Gyro, ESC, Mixer, Receiver). This palm size S107 Toy Helicopter (18.5cm long) comes with Aluminum Frame and a Great detail canopy. It is able to move in 3 Direction base on the 3 Channels, anyone can hover it easily. Since it is made with Aluminum Frame, very light weight and almost indestructible in any crash….
Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter – Blue
This Brand New 3 Channel mini rc helicopter is the world’s newest, most durable and stable helicopter. The item comes with the latest gyro system for precision control. The metal frame has proven to withstand dozens of crashes. The mini helicopter charges directly from the controller which uses “AA” batteries and has a full-function trim control for the perfect flight. Get one today before they…
Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter – Yellow
The brand new GYRO S107 3.5CH Mini RTF RC Helicopter comes with the greatest advancement in Helicopter Technology, a Gyro. No more crashing, no more replacing parts, the GYRO has changed the Helicopter industry completely, making this RC Helicopter super easy to fly and maneuver. Great for people of all skill levels, this bad boy features a coaxial rotor a single rear rotor for precise movement an…
Control: Exposing the Truth About Guns
When our founding fathers secured the Constitutional “right of the people to keep and bear arms,” they also added the admonition that this right SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. It is the only time this phrase appears in the Bill of Rights. So why aren’t more people listening? History has proven that guns are essential to self-defense and liberty—but tragedy is a powerful force and has led many to …
Radio Controlled Helicopters: The Guide to Building and Flying R/C Helicopters
Radio controlled model helicopters is a huge and growing hobby market, and the recent developments in the design and manufacture of new models have resulted in wide range of choice which can bewilder newcomers to the hobby – a dazzling array of helicopters, r/c equipment and accessories. The second edition of this book guides the beginner through the maze. It provides all the essential information…